Freitag, 31. Oktober 2008

Joss Stone - Hides From Record Company For New Album


Joss Stone started recording songs for her next album in secret, to ensure her record label EMI didn't interfere with the direction she wanted to take.

Stone decided to make the bold decision to work in secret after EMI was taken over by Terra Firma. The company had a big shake up of the label, which left some bands - such as Radiohead and The Rolling Stones - quitting.

"I recorded the bulk of my new album in the space of a week in February this year," Stone is quoted as saying. "But it was like a secret - not a secret from the world, but a secret from the record company, because, basically, I didn't want them f*****g with it."

"EMI was going through a lot of change at the time. It's a very long story but there aren't many people left there that I know now."

"I recorded the album at my mum's house in Devon. It was like a building site at the time, so it was just me and a crew in two bare rooms with a mic."

The new album is the follow-up to last year's 'Meet Joss Stone' and will be her fourth album.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen