Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2008

Usher Plans A "Worldwide" Album


In an exclusive interview with Billboard, Usher has announced plans on his new album.

"It will be all about adapting new musical styles in creating a unique blend between what I know works here in America and what I know will be appreciated worldwide. I may go to France and do some work. I may go to London ... Japan."

"There's tons of artists I want to work with abroad. I can't give you specific (names) but I am interested in working with artists who are out of the range I'm accustomed to. I want to try new things."

Usher hasn't started recording yet, however he will after his tour and plans and a new movie.

"There's tons (of songs) leftover from all four albums I've done," Usher acknowledged but added that "When I work I work ... based where I am and what my story is at the moment."

All of that will be on the backburner during the One Night Stand tour, however, which Usher promised will be "a night to remember." He said the concept was inspired by Teddy Pendergrass, Marvin Gaye, Prince and other influences who "did things special like this for their female fans."

Everything from the repertoire to the stage set -- "It's intended to feel as though you're looking into my great room and here we are about to have a party in this house" -- has been tailored to the intended audience, and Usher is using his Web site to let those ladies register for meet 'n' greet opportunities and to be the one lucky woman brought on stage each night for an even more intimate experience with the singer.

As for his male fans, Usher said, "I cannot prohibit them from buying tickets and being part of it ... However, I do want them to know this show is catered specifically to women."



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen